Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A great day for beef stew...

It's a cold rainy day, perfect for snuggling up in the recliner! My plan for today is to rest as much as possible and enjoy my day off work. I also plan to make a beef stew for dinner. This is a recipe that I stumbled across while searching for "easy recipes" and it turns out great every time. Trust me when I say it's fool proof!

60 Minute Oven Sirloin Steak Stew:

1 lb sirloin steak, cubed.
4 small new potatoes (I leave the skin on)
1/2 lb frozen green beans
6 carrots (I boil them first to make them extra tender)
1 sm yellow onion cut in wedges
1 (14 1/2 oz) can of beef broth
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (I use McCormicks "Season All")
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
1/4 black pepper

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whish remaining ingredients.
3. Pour over meat and veggies.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
5. Uncover (carefully!) and stir
6. Recover and bake 20 more minutes

A fresh loaf of french bread goes great with this dish!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am cooking challenged, but I think I will try this. Sounds perfect for winter! :)

    ReplyDelete