Monday, November 16, 2009

Good-bye Muffin Top!

Yes, skinny people can have them too.

That unsightly bulge over the top of your pants. While it seems that some girls can let it all hang out, I'm super paranoid about it. I've always prided myself on being able to eat whatever I want without gaining a pound. The closer I get to 30, I'm finding it's catching up with me. I have not worked out regularly in a few years. I'll get motivated occasionally, and it usually only lasts a day or two. We have a Bow-Flex and a treadmill in the extra bedroom, but the most use they get is when I hang clothes on them to dry. I just can't seem to find a workout I can stick to! I get bored so easily. However, I think I may have finally found my answer.

I was asked to coach cheerleading for basketball season. These young girls have the most positive energy, and just being around them makes me feel more energetic. Today was my first official practice as coach, so I had an idea. I packed a change of clothes, and showed up dressed for practice. I ran their laps with them, and led them through stretches and conditioning. (I know how to do it, even if I don't do it regularly). It felt amazing.

I debated all day long, even though I had my clothes there with me, if I was going to take that step and actually dress out and work out or not. I kept thinking that I needed to "start out like I can hold out". It would have been so much easier to remain in my dress clothes and bark orders at them while I sat in my chair. I finally just went for it. Now I have set the standard and there is no turning back. I also had so much fun! Hopefully they will also have a respect for me as I'm not asking them to do anything that I won't get out there and do myself.

Hopefully, by the time basketball season is over in February, I will have lost these annoying few pounds that seem to gather right at my waist and spill over my jeans. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It sounds like fun!
    I am totally paranoid about that too...don't feel bad :)

    ReplyDelete